List Permission in Sharepoint

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding lists on Sharepoint - I saw that lists will inherit the permissions from Parent (in this case, the Sharepoint website itself). There are different groups who have the ability to view, read or edit the website. Is there a way to make it so that everyone from all the groups could edit the list, rather than me changing their permission one by one?

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hello @vviona

you can break the permissions on every level site, list or item...but on item level it's make no sense. Here you can find more informations: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/customize-permissions-for-a-sharepoint-list-or-library-02...

You can break the permission on list level and give your groups more permissions.

Best, Dave

HI,
I don't understand that...
If you want to all groups edit list, you must to put permissions in the list breaking inherit from parent...
Best regards

@vviona Follow this approach:

1. Break permission inheritance in SharePoint for this particular list
  2. Change permissions levels in SharePoint - user "Edit User Permissions" option for each group to assign Edit or Contribute permissions as per your requirements.

Related readUser permissions and permission levels in SharePoint 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.