SOLVED

Keeping webparts / page layouts consistent

Brass Contributor

Hi,

We are working on a new Sharepoint environment where we created a right hand side part with buttons that function as a sort of menu. We would like to have these parts the same over different pages. And if we change one of the buttons, it should change on the other pages to.

Can anybody help us out? Many thanks in advance!

Merel

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Merel84 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Merel84 I assume you are using the quick links web part for this. If so, if you change the quick links on one page it won't update on any other. The best you can do is to create a page with all the quick links, save it as a template then any new page after that will have the quick links. But any changes will need to be done on every page as well as the template. It's a long way from ideal.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi @RobElliott , thanks for your quick reply! 

I meant the button web parts: 

Annotation 2020-04-08 094243.png

But I'm guessing the answer stays the same :) 

Thanks and stay safe!

Merel

@Merel84 yes, I'm afraid the answer is the same.

Rob
Los Gallardos

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Merel84 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Merel84 I assume you are using the quick links web part for this. If so, if you change the quick links on one page it won't update on any other. The best you can do is to create a page with all the quick links, save it as a template then any new page after that will have the quick links. But any changes will need to be done on every page as well as the template. It's a long way from ideal.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post