SOLVED

Issue tracker with custom front end app

Copper Contributor

I would like to have an issue tracker list but I don't want anyone (besides admins) to be able to view that list. I would like to create a custom front end so that when a user logs in, they are presented with only the tickets they have created.

When an admin logs in they see the entire list and can do the normal assigning of tickets etc.

Is there a resource anywhere explaining how to do this? I cant be the only one that has needed this functionality.

Many thanks.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by zapbrannigan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @zapbrannigan 

You can consider creating Microsoft Lists with template as Issue Tracker as follows:

issue-tracker-template.png

Consider creating the list under "My Lists", so that it will be available on your OneDrive and from there you can share it with only designated users (admins)

issue-tracker-instance.png

Once the list is created, edit the view and add below filter to show tickets created by a specific admin.

issue-tracker-filter.png

Hope this helps!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by zapbrannigan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @zapbrannigan 

You can consider creating Microsoft Lists with template as Issue Tracker as follows:

issue-tracker-template.png

Consider creating the list under "My Lists", so that it will be available on your OneDrive and from there you can share it with only designated users (admins)

issue-tracker-instance.png

Once the list is created, edit the view and add below filter to show tickets created by a specific admin.

issue-tracker-filter.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post