InfoPath/Classic Sharepoint

Brass Contributor

Hi, i have list where i have more than 5000 items. Problem is when i want add more items error is shown: Action was taken on an operation that is prohibited because it is beyond list browsing, error 5566 saving report to system log windows server. I also created  a custom view for elements but that didn't help either,

4464f72d-2534-4dab-ad83-863df34e38a0.png

Problem occurs in sharepoint online. To add values somebody made an infopath form. Please help

Best Regads

Kamil

2 Replies
The error you're encountering could be due to SharePoint's list view threshold, which restricts the number of items that can be viewed or accessed in a list. The default threshold is 5000 items, which means that any operation that goes beyond that limit can cause performance issues, including the error message you're seeing.

One way to resolve this issue is to create an index on one or more columns in your list, which can improve query performance and allow you to work with larger datasets. You can create an index by going to List Settings > Indexed Columns and selecting the columns you want to index.

Another approach is to use a filter or grouping to limit the number of items displayed in your view. For example, you could group items by category or date range to reduce the number of items displayed at once.

If you're using an InfoPath form to add new items to the list, you may also want to consider using Power Apps instead, as it offers more flexibility and scalability than InfoPath forms.

Lastly, if the issue persists, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance, as it could be related to a server-side configuration or limitation.
"One way to resolve this issue is to create an index on one or more columns in your list, which can improve query performance and allow you to work with larger datasets. You can create an index by going to List Settings > Indexed Columns and selecting the columns you want to index." - Somebody did this earlier and indexed all columns that are in view.

Another approach is to use a filter or grouping to limit the number of items displayed in your view. For example, you could group items by category or date range to reduce the number of items displayed at once. - I made a custom view where are shown values from this year and that didn't help either.

"If you're using an InfoPath form to add new items to the list, you may also want to consider using Power Apps instead, as it offers more flexibility and scalability than InfoPath forms." - I don't know how with licenseces but i will tell them about power app instead of this form.

Do you think that if we delete some of them and there will be less than 5000 will this error not occur ?