Hub Site Footer Propagation

Iron Contributor

I've created a hub site with navigation and footer links.  All I want to to do is have the joining sites inherit the navigation and footer.  Seems to make sense right?  Isn't this the purpose of hub sites?  What I've found is that while the navigation propagates to joined sites the footer only propagated to the first site that was joined to the hub.  None of the other 6 sites I've joined to the hub got the footer.  I've contacted support.  They sent me to a user voice page.  This can't possibly be how this is designed to work is it?  I would think the fact that it only propagates to the first joined site means this must be a bug.  Why would it possibly behave this way?  

2 Replies

@Luke Hoffman At this stage you get global navigation from the Hub site but footers aren't replicated to other sites. Have you seen the Footer in the SharePoint Starter Kit? https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-starter-kit/blob/master/documentation/components/ext-portal-footer....

I agree with @Luke Hoffman . A huge benefit of a hub site is to standardize the overall look-and-feel of sites, especially in an intranet. I think that the footer should propagate across all associated sites.

Additionally, I'm getting some extremely funky footer behavior. For example, if I edit the footer on an associated site, THOSE changes find their way back to the hub site. Other times, when I add the same links to an associated site that I have on the hub site, all the links are repeated.

Maddening.