SOLVED

Filter and export a List view

Copper Contributor

I have a Sharepoint List that I have created several views for. I am needing to know how I can filter the view and then export the filtered data to Excel. Thank you!

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Tbruns (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Tbruns because the Export to Excel exports the full list what you need to do is create a new view of the list from the All items view. 

So go to List Settings and scroll down to the bottom and Create a new view from All items. In my example I've called it Cook-Fiji and I'm going to filter then export just the airports from the Cook Islands and Fiji Islands from my airports list. View the new list you've just created...

filterList0.png

and filter it by the columns you want:

filterList.png

filterlist0a.png

Then save the view. And click on Export to Excel

filterList2.png

That will export just the items in that view to Excel:

filterList-Export.png

In future, if you need to export that filtered view again you just need to select the view and click the Export to Excel.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super Use

Thank you so much!

@RobElliott Has this feature changed?  For views, it still exports the whole list.

@AngelaJ1s , I just attempted to export a view and it only exported the columns on my view. You should try again.

@AngelaJ1s  - I just ran into the same issue.  The problem was that I had created the view, but had not saved the view after applying filters.  After creating a new view, make sure the filters are still applying and then click the view menu and "save view as."  

After doing this, the SharePoint list exports only the filtered data to Excel.

It works like that for me when I enter the list through SharePoint, but not through the Lists app. Then the list is exported in full.

How can I export just the view on the screen in my Lists app to Excel?

I have the same behavior.
This must be a new problem / bug on the part of Microsoft. The CSV export works as expected in the Lists app.

Interesting: If Lists App is installed as an app, it works correctly. The problem only occurs directly in the browser if the Lists app is used there (workaround, when changing the list view, reload the displayed page in the browser), then this view can be exported directly to Excel.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tbruns (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Tbruns because the Export to Excel exports the full list what you need to do is create a new view of the list from the All items view. 

So go to List Settings and scroll down to the bottom and Create a new view from All items. In my example I've called it Cook-Fiji and I'm going to filter then export just the airports from the Cook Islands and Fiji Islands from my airports list. View the new list you've just created...

filterList0.png

and filter it by the columns you want:

filterList.png

filterlist0a.png

Then save the view. And click on Export to Excel

filterList2.png

That will export just the items in that view to Excel:

filterList-Export.png

In future, if you need to export that filtered view again you just need to select the view and click the Export to Excel.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super Use

View solution in original post