For some users (10 employees) a hyperlink formula shows as #VALUE! when they open the Excel spread sheet in Teams and the Browser. It works if they open it in the desktop App.
I know that the formulas in online Office suites work differently for formulas on the app, but is there a fix? I need users to complete the spread sheet in Teams but not the browser or app.
For the remaining 30 users, the hyperlink works in Teams, the Browser AND the App. The only difference between the two groups is that the 10 users synced their desktops to OneDrive whilst the 30 users have not.
1. I can confirm that all 40 users have Office 365 version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20394 installed
2. This is the formula: =IF(R5="Send email to FLM/2IC",HYPERLINK(CONCAT("C:\Users\",RIGHT(LEFT(INFO("DIRECTORY"),FIND("S",INFO("DIRECTORY"))+6),7),"\Company Name\TQA Tools\",'Lists - Do Not Delete'!$O$17,".oft"),"Template Email to FLM/2IC"),"")
3. The template to which the hyperlink leads is saved on each user's desktop therefore the formula part of "FIND("S",INFO("DIRECTORY"))+6),7),"\Company Name\TQA Tools\",'Lists - Do Not Delete'!$O$17,".oft")" is able to look up the user ID which starts with an "S" followed by six numbers
4. The only difference for the 10 users is that they synced their entire desktop to OneDrive at some point thus their directory folder path would not be the same as the other 30 users who never synced their desktops. But even after unsyncing, removing the folder path from OneDrive, they still get the #VALUE! error when opening the Excel spread sheet in Teams
5. They do not get the #VALUE! error when they open the spread sheet from the synced folder to which the synced spread sheet was downloaded
6. Each user has their private Teams channel from where the spread sheet is saved and synced
7. For the 30 users who never synced their desktop to OneDrive, are able to open the spread sheet on Teams, Browser, and App, and use the hyperlink
Thank you in advance.