Employee Recognition & Reward Solution in SharePoint

Iron Contributor

I work in a local authority and the HR department want some kind of employee recognition system to reward staff members.

They want something that allow people to nominate others, give rewards and show recognition. I have suggested just using the 'People/ Contact' web part and display an employee of the month, but I think they want something more comprehensive.

Can anyone suggest a way to create this within SharePoint? I know there are 3rd party applications that supposedly integrate with SP - however I'm not sure how well these work with the modern Online SharePoint.

There's also the possibility of creating something in PowerApp - but I've not really used this much yet.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Michael

7 Replies

It's an interesting question, perhaps have a communication site dedicated to this, is that what you were thinking of?  Just a few ideas, a nomination Microsoft Form could be embedded so anyone can put forward staff, have a news web part which features profiles on staff members, as well as articles perhaps on what it takes to be recognized. There could be interviews as well, lots of different content might work.

It could be like a center of excellence highlighting key projects or pieces of work that have exceeded expectations and have delivered key outcomes by your recognized staff. There is a lot you could do with this depending on the particulars.

We did something similar to what Cian suggested. I made a Microsoft Form that allowed people to nominate their peers for a monthly recognition program. The form was basic and just emailed a point person with all the responses. That person just tallied them up and then input the winner with some comments into a Sharepoint List. I then output a view showing only the most recent entry of the list on the team's Communication site homepage. Past winners can be viewed on another list view. 

This is a smallish group so it is easy to manage mostly manually, but I could see for a larger group, you might want to automate things a little more. Use flow to put the form responses into a list or something. 

I would highly recommend looking into Powerapps for this solution.  Not only to meet your immediate needs, but to also allow for future expansion if your requirements change.

@Courtney Prothero how exactly did you manage to create a Microsoft Form that allowed people to nominate their peers for a monthly recognition program? I am relatively new to this so was it the actual "Form" app that you used which was integrated to Power Automate? Thank you. 

@DrishM 

Microsoft Forms - Easily create surveys, quizzes, and polls.

Is another tool that is part of Office 365. It may depend on your license, but I would guess all the enterprise levels include it. When you use it within your organization, it will automatically record the account of the user who completes the form. So to nominate a peer, you only need a single text field where they can type in the name of the person they want to nominate. The ability to send survey responses, or download them in an Excel file are included within Microsoft Forms. I hope that helps.

@Courtney Prothero it does! Thank you so much :) 

@DrishM see my flow in Power Automate for the employee recognition award scheme on the other thread you started at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sharepoint-list/td-p/1965687

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User