SOLVED

create a sharepoint list item when an email is received into a shared mailbox

Copper Contributor

Hello

I have a shared mailbox set up for company feedback. I want to create a sharepoint list item in the feedback sharepoint site when a new email is received. I have successfully created a flow to create a new item in the sharepoint list when an email is received to my individual outlook address, but I cannot work out how to get the flow to look at the shared feedback mailbox and create a list item when an email is received in there.

Help with this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

4 Replies
Well the problem you might be facing here is that a Shared Mailbox is not a regular Mailbox and the Flow actions available are not ready to work with Shared Mailboxes
best response confirmed by HW101 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Sorry @Juan Carlos González Martín but the shared mailbox trigger works well. @HW101, make sure your trigger is an Office 365 Outlook When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2) and not the normal When a new email arrives(V3).

emailSharedMailbox.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott Thank you! I didn't know that option was there. This solved my problem and it works now.

I am getting an error with this trigger, the object does not exist. The account is GA. Shared mailbox was created via 365. I cannot work this out. Any help would be appreciated.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HW101 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Sorry @Juan Carlos González Martín but the shared mailbox trigger works well. @HW101, make sure your trigger is an Office 365 Outlook When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2) and not the normal When a new email arrives(V3).

emailSharedMailbox.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post