Content Type Republish from Content Type Hub has removed custom columns added at team site level

Brass Contributor

Hi

Based on the Microsoft resources available on how Content Type publishing and republishing interacts with team site level customisation, I'm seeing an unexpected effect.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-and-edit-content-types-3D5D45AF-608D-4183-8D51-07309...

"If the list content type has been customized with additional attributes that the parent content type does not have, such as extra columns, these customizations will not be overwritten"

The column was created at team site level and added to the document library, with the option "Add to all content types" selected.

Following a republish operation on the two content types shown in red, the additional column was removed from both of them.

What have I missed?

2 Replies

You could try add the field directly and do a re-publish and see what happens.

At the end of the day I would never recommend using the content type hub as every project I have ever used it in was eventually switched over to another solution, its just to unreliable and causes strange behavior like this.

Cheers

Alex