SOLVED

Calendar alternatives, 3rd party solutions

Copper Contributor

Anyone aware of a third party app or solution for a calendar? The SP calendar is underwhelming and highly limited. We are looking for alternatives? Also, in the store there's a banner notice saying in that Microsoft will no longer allow "add-ins" as of April? Is this all 3rd party solutions? apps?

5 Replies
Which Calender are you having issues with ? Is it the Webpart that isn't good enough or the old SP Calender itself ?
Using the 365 Group Calendar... is there a plugin from Nintex or someone else? Also, in the Store says there will be no more add-ins after April... does that mean no more 3rd party apps?
best response confirmed by PrescientWard (Copper Contributor)
Solution
No third parts will still be there but they won't use the Add-in module.
I would recommend you to try out the Calender view in SharePoint List and see if it fit your needs, as you can adapt that a lot using formatting json etc
Great. Thanks Nicolas. If anyone can recommend a third-party solution, please let me know.

@PrescientWard Check out the OnTime Group Calendar here: https://ontimesuite.com and see if this is supporting what you are looking for.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PrescientWard (Copper Contributor)
Solution
No third parts will still be there but they won't use the Add-in module.
I would recommend you to try out the Calender view in SharePoint List and see if it fit your needs, as you can adapt that a lot using formatting json etc

View solution in original post