Allow public to fill in list form without access to List views

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am creating a complaints log, a bit like a help desk ticketing system.

Is there a way to have the Input form separate without allowing public to view the full list.

I created a separate page with the forms url, however when you click save or cancel, it redirects to the list page.

Thank you

4 Replies
You could use PowerApps to customise the list form, or alternatively you could use Microsoft Forms, and a Power Automate (Flow) to automate writing the Form values to the SharePoint list.

@Mo_Islam unless you want to send the submitted an email or do some other actions you don't really need to use a flow in Power Automate. As @Rob Ellis mentioned, a Power Apps app is the way we do thi and use the Patch function to save the data directly to the list. We embed the form in a SharePoint page with the Microsoft Power Apps webpart, and once they've saved it it navigates back to the first screen of the app. So they never see the list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.

Hi,

Not sure if this will help, but under Advanced Settings, you should see a section for Item-level permissions:

Robbie_P_0-1589214718438.png

This may assist you in preventing other users from seeing other people's entries.

-Rob

@Mo_Islam 

@RobElliott Thank you for this. I looked at powerapps and managed to add it on a webpage, however I do not know how to add a submit button and how to direct it back to the form page.

Thank you