Jan 07 2022 02:20 PM
Jan 07 2022 02:20 PM
Hello, I am new to the Sharepoint world and I am learning on the job. Due to some reason i need to take over a project involving Sharepoint and I do not have any experience with share point.
We have a Sharepoint form (Form is added to the page as a web part), we need to add a button/functionality to the form to be able to download the contents of the form as a pdf before it is submitted. So ,either when the user clicks on submit the form data should be downloaded as a pdf or add a new button to the form that would download the form as a pdf. I have looked over at quite a few places but I haven't really found a solution for what I need.
Does anyone know how to download contents of a form as a pdf?
Can some one point me to some good tutorials that I can follow to understand Sharepoint better and in turn understand what I need to do to add this functionality?
Thank you, appreciate your help!!
Jan 07 2022 02:27 PM
@APJ10 I assume this is SharePoint Online. Are you creating the form in Microsoft Forms and then adding it to the page with the Microsoft Forms web part, or are you creating it in some other way?
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)
Jan 07 2022 02:32 PM - edited Jan 07 2022 02:32 PM
Thank you for responding Rob, I am still learning about sharepoint so pardon me if I am wrong here.
So this is a custom form that was created for our company a few years back and this is what we use as a template and then add and remove fields to it.
Here is how we add the form to a page -
1. Select the page where you want to add the form in the Left Navigation Menu.
2. Select Page > Edit in the SharePoint ribbon at the top of the page
3. The page is redisplayed in edit mode. Scroll down the page and click on Add a Web Part in the left column.
4. Scroll to the top of the page. The About the part ribbon is displayed. Select the Custom category, then select the "Form Builder" web part, then select Add.
Now this form has multiple fields, some hidden and some visible. I want to be able to download the visible fields as a pdf.
Jan 10 2022 02:14 AM
@APJ10 Hey mate,
You have two options -
1. Convert the SharePoint Page(URL) to PDF - https://blog.muhimbi.com/2017/10/converting-sharepoint-online-pages.html
2. Recreate the Form in HTML and pass the HTML to a PDF Converter - https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2018/11/07/convert-a-list-item-to-pdf-using-a-button-for-a-sha...
Jan 10 2022 10:00 AM
Jan 10 2022 10:01 AM