Microsoft Planner on Surface Hub

Copper Contributor

Dear Community,

we're currently trying out the surface hub as our digital kanban board. So far it's ok but we now have a critical issue: If the buckets contain too many cards you have to scroll within the bucket. This works fine on a laptop, iPad etc but on the surface hub it's not possible at all.

Unbenannt.PNG

Has anybody of you seen the same issue and (even more important) do you have a solution? Any help is greatly appreciated!

5 Replies
What if you use the keyboard that comes with the Surface Hub?
Also, the Surface Hub just uses Edge as the browser. Have you tried the same on a PC using Edge as the browser?

Thanks for your replies @Loryan Strant

When I use the touchpad on the keyboard it's possible to scroll. The mouse activates the scrollbar when I hover over the bucket. After I activated the scroolbar once using the Keyboard it's occasionally also possible to scroll directly using the touchdisplay of the Surface hub. 

However, it's not possible to scroll without using the mouse (aka touchpad on the keyboard) at least once. 

I believe it should work seemlessly without additional Input device.

@Loryan Strant wrote:
Also, the Surface Hub just uses Edge as the browser. Have you tried the same on a PC using Edge as the browser?

Yes, I also tried this. On my Win 10 Laptop the planner works fine with Edge and Scrolling in the buckets is possible with the mouse...

I also tried it with Safari on an iPad. Here it works fine. Scrolling within the buckets is easily possible. I can scroll the bucket by moving my finger up and sown.

Mousehover elements for scrolling things is bad UI - Microsoft pull yourself together.