Search on Outlook Mac doesn't work - Ventura 13.1

New Contributor

Dear Community, 

I was migrating from an old MacBook Pro M1 to a new Macbook Pro 14 m1 pro. My outlook search stopped working. 

I've tried everything from checking spotlight privacy settings to manually reindexing the profiles through the Mac terminal but still the search doesn't work. I've even tried to reinstall the application fully, and for a moment I noticed that the search started to work when outlook was downloading the data from the exchange server, but still no. 

My Mac has all the latest updates installed. I would really appreciate any help or advice! 

Best

3 Replies

@andrein96 I am experiencing the exact same issue. I have done everything as far as troubleshooting as well (reindexing, remove and reinstall, terminal commands for index off and on and mdImport). Nothing has worked. I called Apple, they said it was Microsoft blocking Spotlight. I called Microsoft and they said it was an Apple issue. This is killing my business as I cannot search emails, calendars, Word docs or anything in  Microsoft Applications.

@TedinLDE 

I'm having the same problem and can't resolve it. HELP!

Hi @andrein96 got the same issue on Mac Outlook user. They have 3 different mailboxes, 1 with 365 and 2 with inhouse Exchange. The search has just become flakey and inaccurate- it brings some things up but others not. Does your search work at all? Any fix? I am running an Office update as we speak and holding thumbs.