Outlook meeting hyperlink issue

Iron Contributor

We very frequently save Outlook meetings as .ics files that we then upload in our targeted email tool to send out to our employees. We've recently noticed that if you include a hyperlink in the meeting details then save it as an .ics file, the saved file no longer retains the hyperlink and instead displays the full URL. Is anyone else experiencing this or know what's going on/how to fix it? Thanks. Screenshots attached.

6 Replies

Hi @Kate Bowling,

Which outlook version are you using ? Have your tried exploring the advance outlook setting.

I have tested the same scenario as said below on my PC works on Outlook365 no issue. 

Can you please attached one sample that .ics files

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert | www.ExcelExciting.com

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer.

@Faraz ShaikhVersion 1808, Build 10730.20264

It used to work just fine but we noticed several weeks ago it no longer retains formatting once saved.

Attached new screenshots of how it looks in Outlook versus how it looks when I open the file I've saved to my desktop. Removes the hyperlink and the image. Attached the .ics file.

Hi @Kate Bowling 

I feel your Email setting might be change to Plain Text, the meeting what you have shared with me work fine

Snag_7037738.png

Try doing the following steps 

1. File > Option > Trust Center >Trust Center Settings.

Snag_7070234.png

2. Email Security > Read as Plain Text

Uncheck the box if the same is checked “Read all standard mail in plain text” option.

Snag_70aa79d.png

Hope this might be helpful.

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert | www.ExcelExciting.com

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer.

@Faraz Shaikh  Thank you for taking the time to send those instructions, however that box was already unchecked in my trust center settings.

Kate - I'm having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a resolution to this?
we didnt do anything that i'm aware of, but it seemed to remedy itself after a while. it works as expected now.