Multi attempts to hack my outlook email accout

Copper Contributor

After the update on the outlook, im now getting 100`s of emails sending me a code to change my account.  Just in the last 30 mins I received over 20 emails with loads of different codes.

This has been going on now for more than a year, and getting sick and tired of deleting these messages from microsoft.  I am assuming someone or some people are trying to hack my account.  Also received a lot of "blackmail" emails with my email address, but with numbers or letters added onto the end, (before the @hotmail.com).

Is there any way to stop this or get microsoft/outlook to fix these hacking attempts?

Thanks

4 Replies

@Tonyart  

Surely Microsoft can't stop the attackers, but what you're describing can be reported to the Police - only they can help explain the problem. 

To make sure your system is not infected, run a scan:

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download | Microsoft Learn

How malware can infect your PC - Microsoft Support

@A1 

Thanks for the link,  MS  still has a care of duty to protect their customers and users.  There is a "report" option for emails, I must have sent thousands of report`s but these to my opinion most likely just get ignored.

Reporting to the police in the UK is a complete waste of time.  We no longer have "proper" policing, unless it ticks all their boxes they wont do anything,  the system now is a complete joke to what it used to be.

@Tonyart  

[Does this mean they have your password and are only missing the verification code?

Marking an email as "Junk" and blocking a sender can result in two different things - Microsoft Comm...

In this discussion below I have added official links where you can report fake senders, it's a good idea ->

Excessive Spam, Junk Mail from "geeksquad" email address? - Page 5 - Microsoft Community Hub

I doubt they have my password, since getting the messages from microsoft I have been changing my password though now it`s getting annoying to keep doing so.

The passcode (7 digit number or so) yea I think that verification code. Cant remember what its for, I deleted the email so I cannot recap it lol.

for direct scam emails, I have reported as phishing/scam and reported as a "concern". Also those are usually in my junk folder, but I do block them yet I still get many more once they figured out that I have blocked them