Mobile App Unread Messages in Subfolders

Copper Contributor

I have numerous subfolder unread mail notifications after syncing with my work account on the mobile app. I want to be able to group all of the unread emails like I can do on the desktop version versus scanning through each subfolder and then scanning through numerous emails just to find the bold print unread messages. Is there a way to do this? Seems silly that the desktop functionality is either not there or too hard to find in order to read ALL unread messages not in the main inbox.

Thanks. 

3 Replies

Hi @ChadB75 

I am an independent advisor investigating your inquiry.

Currently, the Search Folder functionality that stores reusable search results like unread messages in a designated folder is not available for OWA or mobile. 

Several users have added this suggestion to the Microsoft feedback portal.   I will post the link so you can add your request or vote on others.

Advanced Search Folders as Favorites (i.e., All Unread & Flagged) · Community (microsoft.com)

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best answer or like it, which will assist others with the same question. 

/Teresa

#traccreations4e.com

• A year passed since you addressed this problem to Microsoft. Nothing was changed. It is still impossible in outlook mobile app to retrieve all unread messages in one place. This is very inconvenient and annoying.

@Fuadbak 

I created a video about search folders for New Outlook and Web versions. MS has not mentioned the roll out for mobile. There are still some limitations.

https://youtu.be/NL6NZ-IC6c4

/Teresa 

#traccreations4e

The New Outlook for Windows now includes more classic features you know and love. Microsoft is slowly rolling out these features, and you can learn more about them by watching an informative video 0:00 Introduction 0:33 Search Folders 2:36 Shared with Me 3:36 Styles 4:06 Outlook Settings 6:19 ...