How to edit suggested contacts list (add or remove)?

Copper Contributor

How to edit suggested contacts list (add or remove)? See send to address box depicted,delow.

Neues Outlook Bearbeitung Liste vorgeschlagene Kontakte Absenserfenster.png

3 Replies

Hi @ber999,

to modify your suggested contacts, follow these steps:

1. Start Typing the Contact:
    Begin typing the desired contact in the To: address line.
  2. Select the Contact:
    Once the contact appears in the suggested contacts list, locate and click the X icon to the right of the contact's name to hide it.

LeonPavesic_0-1705055303521.png

The selected contact will be removed from the list and hidden for future use.

To restore a hidden contact, send an email to the contact by replying to an old email or typing the full email address in a new email. The contact will be unhidden after approximately 24 hours.

Manage suggested recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc boxes - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hello Community, thank you very much. However, this was not my question. 1. I want to add a contact to the enumeration of suggested contacts. 2. When I am clearing the sender address field in order to send the answer email from a different sender email account, the new Outlook for Windows opens a blank email window instead.

Hi @ber999,

thanks for the additional info.

1) If you want to add a contact to the suggested contacts list without sending an email, you can use the following steps:

1. Open Outlook.
  2. Click on the "People" icon at the bottom left to open the Contacts view.
  3. In the Contacts view, click on "New Contact" to add a new contact.
  4. Fill in the necessary details for the contact, including the email address.
  5. Save the contact.

Now, when you compose a new email and start typing the contact's name or email address in the "To" field, it should appear in the suggested contacts list.

2) Check your settings for composing emails:
- On the File tab in Outlook, click on the Options button.
- From the Outlook dialog box that opens, click Mail on the left pane.
- Now, scroll down to the Replies and Forwards section and uncheck the box with ‘Open replies and forwards in a new window’ option.

LeonPavesic_0-1705066196344.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)