ONEDRIVE SYNC

Copper Contributor

ERROR CODE :  0x8004deed

On office 365 business accounts,

all 6 licenses have an error when connecting to OneDrive aplication.
Does anyone have a solution.
The problem is not in the computers or in non-updated applications....

5 Replies

@adminhnk-zajchr 

Welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Recep I'll be happy to help you today.

Here are some possible solutions that you can try:

1. Reset OneDrive: Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open Run. Type and run- `%localappdata%MicrosoftOneDriveOneDrive.exe /reset`. Restart OneDrive and then connect with OneDrive.

2. Clear OneDrive Credential Cache: Exit OneDrive completely, and go to Control Panel. Navigate to User Accounts, and select the Credential Manager. Then click on Windows Credentials. Scroll down and locate your OneDrive credentials (OneDrive Cached Credential).

3. Delete Files in SPW Folder: Press Win + R, type `%localappdata%MicrosoftOfficeSpw`, and press Enter. Delete all the files in this folder. Try signing in to OneDrive again.

4. Use VPN: Using the institution's VPN sometimes allows user to log in.

5. Repair Sync Connections: Microsoft also provides a Repair option in the OneDrive menu that you can see from the taskbar notification area.

try these methods and see if they resolve your issue.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

I'm also working on this, the "gallery backup" function on an Android surface seems to minimise the compression/extraction/quality loss during migration of other files. Currently setting up the Adobe connector - Onedrive APi (@dotnet). I've had heaps of duplicate issues - I assume that's from partial auto syncing as default settings... Feel free to ask, I've made every mistake I reckon :loudly_crying_face:

@LorrieWasReveroctorious 

Duplicates can indeed be a common issue when dealing with synchronization and backup processes, especially if files are being automatically synced from various sources.

Here are a few suggestions to help you address the duplicate file issues:

1. Review Sync Settings: Double-check the synchronization settings for both your Android device and the OneDrive API. Make sure you're not unintentionally syncing files from multiple sources or folders, which can lead to duplicates.

2. File Organization: Ensure your files are well-organized, and you're not inadvertently copying files into different folders that are being synced. Duplicate files can occur if you have multiple copies of the same file in different locations.

3. File Deduplication Tools: There are various software tools and apps available that can help you identify and remove duplicate files from your OneDrive storage. You might consider using one of these to clean up your storage.

4. Check Sync Frequency: Review the sync frequency settings to make sure they are not set too frequently. Frequent syncs can increase the chances of duplicates if files are modified or updated frequently.

5. File Renaming: Be cautious when renaming files or folders, as this can sometimes create duplicate entries if not done properly. Make sure you're not inadvertently creating multiple copies of the same file with slightly different names.

6. Review Adobe Connector Settings: Double-check the settings within the Adobe connector to ensure it's not inadvertently creating duplicates during the backup process. Adjust settings as necessary.

By carefully reviewing your synchronization and backup settings and being mindful of file organization, you should be able to minimize duplicate files and maintain a clean and organized OneDrive storage.

• https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1942923 Hi thanks for the step by step, I severely underestimated the impact of multiple versions (OS) and platforms over the years on the impact on the indexing.

I'm definately organising a workflow and a solution before jumping on anymore connectors or sync agents.

Do you have any suggestions? I'm currently using 7zip - which is great for file encryption and legacy components.

The Adobe I've set up as a meta data/quality assessment bridge/converter (I have the hardware space to duplicate the files).

However it's not great and path, user friendly and optimized performance.

Ill jump on the drawing board.

If you like I'll tag you in the posted solution on the appropriate blog in time.

Thanks for your assistance!

@LorrieWasReveroctorious 

There are several workflow management software options that can help you manage and coordinate tasks more efficiently. These tools allow users to automate and streamline processes, typically in a sequential manner, helping to ensure all tasks are done correctly and in the right order. They also track progress and offer visualization of the workflow, thus improving collaboration, productivity, and reducing errors.

If you're looking for alternatives to 7zip, you might consider PeaZip, which is both free and Open Source. Other alternatives include WinRAR, Bandizip, Keka, and The Unarchiver.

For metadata and quality assessment, there are several alternatives to Adobe. Some of the top competitors include Google, IBM, Oracle, Amplitude, Glassbox, Mixpanel, CleverTap, and Kissmetrics.

Each of these tools has its own strengths and may offer different features, so you might want to explore each one to see which best fits your needs.