OneDrive client and Indexing

MVP

So I just noticed that I'm unable to add my local OneDrive folder to the Indexed locations in Windows. What's even more annoying is that only my "primary" O365 OneDrive is missing, I can see/add the Personal one or "secondary" ones. But not the one for my tenant, where all my stuff is kept and all important folders are redirected to. Anyone else seeing the same? Is this a known issue?

ODFBIndexing.png

7 Replies

Anyone? @Juan Carlos González Martín are you seeing the same?

@Stephen Rose is this supposed to work, a known issue, bug?

Same exact experience here using Windows 10 Pro 1803 and OneDrive for Business Version 2018 build 18.1581.0729.0012 as of 09/20/2018.

As of now will have to move back 600GB of stored content and abort enterprise-wide adoption of OneDrive until this is fixed.

I have the same problem.
Running Windows 10 1809.

@Michael Henriksson 

Disabling "save space and download on demand" or whatever it is called in the onedrive option had it working for me, but it's not great if you have a huge database and a small laptop ssd

This is really annoying. I have Onedrive set to keep local copies of all files and always used to enable my folder in indexing. I can no longer do this and searches take forever.

I wonder if this is a bug or by design. With MS the latter wouldn't surprise me.

The weird part is that for me this was working until very recently and only stopped with a fresh install of Win 10 in September 2022. Until then I was able to have the od folder selected.

I have the same problem, however im using the Datto Workplace-app. 
Please make this function work again, our entire business uses the search funtion to navigate our files. 

@Vasil MichevSame problem here.  I moved my OneDrive folder location to a separate physical drive, now I cannot add that drive or the OneDrive folder to indexing locations.