User cannot view quarantined message in protection.office.com (shared mailbox)

Brass Contributor

Good day everyone,

I am researching this issue for a while now and it seems that if a user was given a Full Access permission to a shared mailbox, the user with Full Access should be able to view the quarantined emails and release them.

I have this scenario that the user has already full access permission but when clicking the "view" button from the quarantine notification, the user is redirected to protection.office.com/quarantine and received an error message:

"The operation couldn't be performed because the user does not have the authorization"

May I kindly confirm if the user should be able to view and release it? It is a shared mailbox without a password setup.

I have also this same scenario (using shared mailbox also with full access permission) and the user can review and release the emails from protection.office.com/quarantine

Should I try to re-assign the Full Access permission to the user?

Thank you very much.

3 Replies

@m365123 

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this? Currently I am having the exact same issue.

Having this issue as well. Curious are you guys GCC customers? I know the ability for a user to release quarantine items for a Shared Mailbox has only recently been released. Perhaps the GCC has not got it yet.
Hi! yes, make sure that the user has a full access permission for the shared mailbox. If already yes, then re-assign the permission (this worked on us).