SOLVED

Unable to add mulitple email accounts from different tenants on outlook

Copper Contributor
Hi,

We have two office subscriptions with our organization and i am not able to add mail accounts in outlook.

Scenario : We have a separate divisionfor support which have primary office subscription with domain for e.g. @myofficemail.com and for support functions we have @mysupport.com.

These are two different office subscriptions.
Users from myofficemail have separate accounts in mysupport and will need to access mails and shared mailbox from mysupport.

1. There is no issues in adding more than email accounts from same subscription
2. There is no issues in accessing shared mailbox from same tenant
3. Issue is adding and accessing mail account once one account has been added as primary.
Is there a solution for this issue or we have any workarounds. As per my findings we were anle to add another account earlier but it seems something has change in O365 which is why its not working.
4 Replies

Which is the error message?

Hi Amit,

What are the steps you performing ?

What is the error message ?

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Thanks both of Nuno and Salvstore.
Below are few findings after which everything cleared out.

1. I was able to add multiple mail accounts from support subscription
2. When tried adding account from myoffice subscription it was not giving any error message but was not proceeding further after adding account details.
3. All these activities were performed from open internet.
4. So I tried configuring outlook on a new vm and I got the error message that as machine is not joined to domain, I will not be allowed to configure outlook. (Conditional Access policy is blocking it)
5. So I went to on premises network removed all accounts and added primary one and then added secondary ones from support subscription, all works fine with individual profile and multiple accounts in same profile.
So it was nothing wrong in steps it was conditional access policy which was giving issues. What a bummer ;p.

Observation
1. Adding secondary account required open internet in my case
2. After adding secondary accounts I was able to Access shared folders etc however in more settings add additional accounts was grayed out.Though I am able access the auto mapped shared mailboxes.

Thanks all for your kind support, we can close this now.

Many thanks Amit for the updated status and the solution !! Great thanks !

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Thanks both of Nuno and Salvstore.
Below are few findings after which everything cleared out.

1. I was able to add multiple mail accounts from support subscription
2. When tried adding account from myoffice subscription it was not giving any error message but was not proceeding further after adding account details.
3. All these activities were performed from open internet.
4. So I tried configuring outlook on a new vm and I got the error message that as machine is not joined to domain, I will not be allowed to configure outlook. (Conditional Access policy is blocking it)
5. So I went to on premises network removed all accounts and added primary one and then added secondary ones from support subscription, all works fine with individual profile and multiple accounts in same profile.
So it was nothing wrong in steps it was conditional access policy which was giving issues. What a bummer ;p.

Observation
1. Adding secondary account required open internet in my case
2. After adding secondary accounts I was able to Access shared folders etc however in more settings add additional accounts was grayed out.Though I am able access the auto mapped shared mailboxes.

Thanks all for your kind support, we can close this now.

View solution in original post