SOLVED

secure external sharing using one-time codes

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Firstly, sorry if maybe third time same message. LITTLE problems with this.

I have read that it's now possible to use One Drive external sharing using one-time codes without requirement to log in using Microsoft account or O365 account. I have tested this and it doesn't work that way. If i send invitation mail to gmail account nothing happens but if i send it to outlook.com, invitation mail and one-time code emails come.

If i'm not wrong it should be possible to open shared files from for example gmail just using those one-time codes.

Do we to change some settings first or what or is this just misunderstanding?

Anonymous sharing is not centrally allowed

~ Jukka ~

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Jukka null (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Are you sure that the email is not in the junk folder of the receiver?

That method will only work for users that have not been added as Guest users already. And yes, unfortunately the process seems to be a bit unreliable at times, I had similar issues with the email not coming, and when trying to directly use the link to access the file, I was getting "Unable to send a code. Wait a few minutes and try again."

The issue resolved itself few hours later, so try again I guess. If you still have troubles, report it in the big thread we have here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/OneDrive-Blog/Introducing-a-new-secure-external-sharing-exper...

Hi Salvatore,

You are right, emails were in the junk folder. Too simple reason to notice, i think.

Thanks 

~ Jukka ~

Hi Vasil,

Emails were in the junk folder :)

Thanks about the notice that it works only with those who are not Guest users yet. Must attach it to the user documentation.

~ Jukka ~

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jukka null (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Are you sure that the email is not in the junk folder of the receiver?

View solution in original post