"Check Document" functionality in Word 365

Copper Contributor

Hello Office Buddies. :)

In Word 365 how do I get "Check Document" back instead of the "Spelling and Grammar" function.

I write novels and other huge volumes of documentation. As recently as last October, there was a "Check Document" function where "Spelling and Grammar" are now that went through the document and more or less generated a report of all grammar and spelling issues at once. It allowed me to navigate through the issues and gave me an update as I went. 

Basically when I got 90,000 words to go through, one at a time with no clue how far through I am isn't exactly realistic or productive. Already wasted like five hours on this. My momentum and creative spirit are all now spent on this project, which I've been working on for six months. It's very sad. I remember it took me an hour or two to figure it out last time, but at least was able to salvage my last project. Now I can't find it at all.

Any help on getting that function back would be much appreciated. Attached a picture. 

Things already tried. Adjusting the proofing configs in every way feasible. Resetting languages. "Rechecking" document. Copy/pasting into a fresh Word doc.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies