Outlook inbox not showing reply sign

Copper Contributor

My outlook does not show the reply sign uless I move email to another folder.  This can be frustrating and allows for duplicate replies.

Please see attached showing inbox replied email, then update after moved to different folder.

Thank you for your help

13 Replies

@LouP629 

I am an independent advisor responding to TechCommunity inquiries.

I also noticed some inconsistencies with the reply icon before September's update. It works better now. 

Prior to the update, once the Group into conversation setting was enabled, it work fine. 

• Settings icons
  • From the quick settings pane, scroll and check the Group into Conversation option

This problem appeared for me about a month or two ago. It might have occurred when I reverted back to the classic layout of having my calendar, task icon, contacts, etc. appear at the bottom of my list of folders, rather than to the left (which was taking up too much valuable real estate). 

I just figured out a solution that worked for me. In Outlook, go to View > View Settings > Columns. 

Under the Select Available Columns From dropdown menu, select All Mail Fields. Find the Icon option and Add it. You can then move the Icon option up and down so it appears where you want when looking at your inbox.  

Hope this works for you!

For @LouP629 and others looking for this answer.

Replied/Forwarded can be added to Outlook via View>View Settings>Columns>Add>Icon.

Worked for me thanks. Phil

I read your reply so I thought I'd try it. However, when I came to the step that said "Columns", there is no option that says Columns. Am I doing something wrong?  This problem just started for me on July 26/23.

@LouP629 

How about Outlook reset?

• Sure. I'll try anything. Can you please provide instructions on how to do an Outlook reset?  Thanks.

@Georg945 - did you find a solution. we've had the same issue - multiple user reporting the same, no reply indicator on the mobile app both android and ios.  Only started few weeks ago. 

@HeidiNor 

Genius!  This has been driving me crazy for months!

Genius! This has been driving me crazy for months! Thank yoi!

@HeidiNor 

Thank you so much!!!!! I've just spent an hour reading through other garbage. Wish I had seen your answer first!

@HeidiNor Merci .

mais pour moi, ça n'a pas fonctionné.

en revanche en réparant l'application Outlook, c'est à nouveau OK.

avec le lien :

https://10scopes.com/outlook-icons-not-showing-forward-reply-status/?unapproved=18094&moderation-has...

belle journée.

@samdenmead this must be the fix for the PC version. I'm on the Mac desktop version of MS Outlook and having the same issue. Any idea if there's a fix.