Outlook Calendar Reminders Not Working

Copper Contributor

for the past month or so, calendar reminders have been working only sporadically. sometimes they do not show when they should, other times they show, I snooze them but then they don't show again. I've missed a couple meetings and a few other things because of this.

I've reinstalled Microsoft 365 a couple times, in fact I did it just yesterday. I've also tried running outlook.exe /cleanreminders

This is a very serious problem. I posted it here over a month ago but have not heard anything from Microsoft about it and I'm not the only one it's affecting.

17 Replies

I'm seeing the same and reported it to MS, they acknowledged it as a known issue and are working on it. It's very annoying indeed...

@tw33k 

Thank you for trying to escalate this serious problem.  I've had the same problem for weeks now.  Outlook version 2002 Build 12527.20880.

Thank you @tw33k for reposting hope this one gets some traction. This is extremely frustrating. 

I have the same problem. Microsoft please fix this. It's not good to miss meetings.

Exactly @BrianBroussard, Microsoft don't just think everyone has a phone handy at their desk to remind them of meetings. There are a lot of employers that do not allow cell phones at work stations and manufacturing is one of them.... Come on and get this fixed!

@tw33k 

Same issue here. Some reminders work, others don't. I notice it, as previously mentioned, where individual occurrences are having their reminder set to "None" while the meeting series is set to a value. Also as mentioned, the occurrence is NOT broken from the series (no slash). Works fine on Android mobile app, but not PC desktop app. Causing major issues at work for me.

I am noticing the same manifestation.  The meeting series is set a have reminder, but an individual occurrence has the reminder set to "none."   The individual was never edited to be different from the series.  So there is no reminder for the meeting.

Last week I removed Microsoft 365 from my PC in my office using the Office uninstall support tool and installed a fresh copy. Once it was done, I checked for an update and it installed one. Since then, I have been getting all my reminders again.

about.JPG

so this didn't last long. the last couple days the problem is back. very frustrating to miss appointments etc because your calendar doesn't work. even more frustrating that no one from Microsoft has bothered to chime in here. not happy

Yeah, it's very annoying and I can't live with it for too much longer. I may have to move to a new calendar program. More late fees today because I missed an appointment.
I wish Microsoft could weigh in.

@Vasil Michev how did you report it? i ask because i have tried multiple times by various means and have yet to receive a response.

Is there any new info about this issue? It's extremely frustrating.

@badsector 

I'm still having problems with reminders that don't show up (as discussed, this is usually recurring appointments).  I've had to move to a different application for my calendar/scheduling stuff.  I tried Microsoft's todo, which I find very simple to use, but the recurring reminder capability is somewhat lacking.  So I moved to a different app, which I won't name here, but the name is very similar to a popular video sharing platform that Oracle is trying to buy.

@badsector 

Now that I have stopped using Skype and switched 100% to Teams this problem seems to have gone away.  My problem was primarily with Skype meetings not popping up reminders.

I'm also having still the same problem for months now and I'm also not alone, also some of my colleagues are facing that issue.
From my point of view, the biggest problem is, that the problem is not reproduceable, it just comes up with some meetings under some special circumstances, which nobody knows.
I'm not totally sure, but I think it's coming somehow when the meeting is getting an update from the organizer and then the Reminder is somehow set to None, also if it was set to 2 hours before by my default reminder settings.
I also would really appreciate if MS would fix this bug, because there definitely is one!

All the best from Austria

It still happens to me but less than it was. What I have found is that if I snooze a reminder, it doesn't come back after the time has elapsed. It's huge problem.

The best way to get Microsoft's attention is via Feedback. I've just created another one so hopefully people will add to it and it will get looked at. https://aka.ms/AAdb4bf

Just found out I forgot to create a report last month because I never got the reminder! I'm moving everything over to To Do but haven't finished yet.
Come on Microsoft, this needs to be fixed ASAP!

This problem continues to occur for me. It lead to some real issues at my workplace in addition to my reputation. It's just unacceptable that this issue has existed for over a year with no fix. 

Similar to what's already been described, some calendar appointmests and meetings inexplicably have the reminder option set at "None". Other individuals with the same meeting have it set properly.

Having to use yet another application for this is a frustrating solution. C'mon msft. Get it together.