Office 365 Multi Tenant

Copper Contributor

I currently have a single Exchange 2010 server on premise within a singel AD forest and non-routeable domain (xxx.domain)  Within this structure I have multiple sub-tenants setup as separate OUs with users in each OU having separate email addresses.  On premise tenant A = xxx@contoso.com  -  On premiste tenant B = xxx@fabrikam.com

I have this already configured in Office365 Hybrid mode for one of the existing tenants but now looking to migrate another on premise tenant to Office 365.

Can I create a new Office365 instance for this sub tenant and use a separate AD Connect instance to sync only those users to the new Office 365 instance?  Can I setup a second Hybrid Mode configuration to enable seamless mailbox moves?

1 Reply

@Kris Kaiser With the September 2020 update to Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard it is now possible to set up multiple Office 365 tenants with a single Exchange organization. Please refer to this article which describes a similar set up Single On-Premises Exchange to Multiple Office 365 Tenants - Part 2 - Technically Possible