SOLVED

O365 licensing datasource?

Copper Contributor

I'd like to access my O365 licensing data in a more efficient way. 

Currently I go to the admin console, go to a licence type, E3 for example, hit export and then import the resulting csv into Excel. Rinse and repeat for other license types.

I can't find any data on accessing my license data via an API, but that's what I'm after - being able to get to this data dynamically without all the manual steps as a datasource in either Excel or Access.

Any ideas?

8 Replies

@PWheeler You can do it by accessing MS Graph:
https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/subscribedSkus

You need to give your account permissions listed here 

{
    "@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#subscribedSkus",
    "value": [
        {
            "capabilityStatus": "Enabled",
            "consumedUnits": 1,
            "id": "xxxxx-xxx-xx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxxxx",
            "skuId": "xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx",
            "skuPartNumber": "O365_BUSINESS_ESSENTIALS",
            "appliesTo": "User",
            "prepaidUnits": {
                "enabled": 1,
                "suspended": 0,
                "warning": 0
            },
            "servicePlans": [
                {
                    "servicePlanId": "xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx",
                    "servicePlanName": "MICROSOFT_SEARCH",
                    "provisioningStatus": "Success",
                    "appliesTo": "Company"
                },
                {
                    "servicePlanId": "xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx",
                    "servicePlanName": "WHITEBOARD_PLAN1",
                    "provisioningStatus": "Success",
                    "appliesTo": "User"
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

@orchee I'm clearly going to have to do some reading up on Graph - that looks very powerful.

This endpoint though seems limited to summary data - number of each licence type. 

I'm after something closer to the export data from the management console - A list of users for each licence type with data about last use timestamp and date created.

I will find a few hours to go through the Graph endpoints but, off the top of your head, do you know if this is possible?

best response confirmed by PWheeler (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PWheeler So there is List License details for users -> click 

If you want to go deeper on usage, then you need to go through usage reports, so just keep your expectations low on more details :)

Hi Grzesiek,

Besides Graph and manual export, is there another way to export all licenses for each product and users using these licenses?

We need this data weekly in order to connect it with our internal data for some specific dashboards.

Thank you.

@Vitalie Ciobanu : Are these options not enough in your case scenario? If you are looking for "click to generate report in csv" option OOTB I have not encountered one yet.

@orchee Well, at the moment I don't have the time privilege to learn Graph and the manual export works fine, it's just "manual work".

I'm looking for a way to build a connection, like Power Query does, and then only refresh the data.

I'll look into it. Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PWheeler (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PWheeler So there is List License details for users -> click 

If you want to go deeper on usage, then you need to go through usage reports, so just keep your expectations low on more details :)

View solution in original post