my emails are being marked as spam

New Contributor

we migrated to office365 3 months ago

over the last week or so we are getting complaints that our messages are marked as spam.
this usuualy happens when we send an email to a new client that we never emailerd before.

it happens mainly on gmail but sometimes buisness emails 

I checked the IPs that we are usuing on microsofts server and they seem to be in some blacklists.

microsoft support did not find any issue.

please help...

4 Replies
Hi!

Have you made sure that the spf record is correctly configured on the domain?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/set-up-spf-in-office-365-to-help-preve...

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard  yes i have.
you can also see

pulseem.com

SPF seems fine

Thanks for that

It doesn’t look like the domain is in any public blacklists

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3aPulseem.com&run=toolpage#

I would

1.) have the recipients add your domain to their whitelists

2.) enable DKIM on the domain

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/use-dkim-to-validate-outbound-email

3.) Get the recipients to check the headers as in this article

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/Migrated-to-O365-Emails-going-to-GMAIL-Spam/td-p/2...

4.) Correct the SPF it should be hardfail as in -all not softfail ~all

5.) If you have any 3rd party apps sending as your domain ensure they relay through Office 365 not send to the internet direct

6.) Check the content of the email being marked as spam. Do plain text emails get junked or is there things like images or signatures in the emails not native to the message which could be causing the issue. If so, you may need 3rd party signature software which embeds the image in the email

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris





Our organization is also experiencing the same exact issues with legitimate / wanted emails that our clients are expecting. These emails are being quarantined / sent to spam, or even rejected in some cases, specifically by Microsoft 365 / Outlook receiving servers.

We've been thoroughly testing and it appears to be specific to our domain and not related to our email sending platforms or IPs. This issue has been persisting across our entire organization for the last 6 weeks. Our DKIM / SPF records are all setup correctly. We're using Dmarcian, HetrixTools to monitor / confirm our DNS settings. And we've also had two email deliverability consultants check our domain settings and confirm that they believe this is an internal false flag on Microsoft's side.

After speaking with numerous Microsoft support staff, we've finally made contact with an escalation team and have provided them with email samples of quarantined / rejected emails, which are all wanted by our clients. This issue is severely impacting our business, as our clients are unable to receive emails / work product for which they have already paid.

I'm hoping that someone from Microsoft's Team can kindly escalate this issue and advise us on next steps to delist our domain from their internal blacklists.