Infopedia - NextGen Portal

Bronze Contributor

Hello Folks,

Quite some time agao, I remember there was an announcement on NextGen portals where there was a Knowledge Management Solution - Infopedia that was showcased.

Is this available to play around with? maybe through a content pack?

Regards,

Ramana

4 Replies

Hi Ramana,

The nextgen portal was a view in the future i think with the new modern pages it is implemented but in a slightly different way.

kr,

Paul

Paul is right...AFAIK, Infopedia is not going to be released...what we have is the modern team sites with a lot features that were produced by Microsoft under the Infopedia vision

I would agree with the previous posters and might add that I think the challenge would be that Microsoft probably isn't prepared to put in the investment to build an end-to-end Knowledge Management system. SharePoint definitely provides you with the tools to build your own, but releasing a product to deliver that is difficult and perhaps not something they thought would fit into their collaboration portfolio. Just my $.02.

Sorry to highjack your topic but what i am interested in if MS is going to do something with the publishing sites? or is this just the new modern teamsites?