How to setup email to a private domain from a 365 personal account?

Brass Contributor

I currently have an Office 365 personal account, but really haven't used it yet..  I just registered a domain name, call it "mydomain.com" with GoDaddy and want to use that as an email address (me@mydomain.com) using my Office 365 personal copy of Outlook.  

Do I need to setup the email on GoDaddy first?  Or can I just use my 365 account (me@outlook.com) to host my new domain and email?  I am experienced with Small Business 365, but never used the personal version.  I guess I'm looking for a KB article or some documentation on how to go about this.  Can you "add a domain" to the Personal version?  Do I need to set up (and pay for) email hosting in GoDaddy" then point the MX records to 365?  Anyway, I need a brief tutorial that lays this all out.

Thanks.

2 Replies

@BoxOfFrogs 

You can use a custom domain also on personal account.

Refer to this article for the configuration: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-a-personalized-email-address-in-microsoft-365-75416a5... 

Hope it helps!

Thank you! Now, while I seem to have the new email address in there, and while I can send it email and receive it, I cannot see how I make it my default "From" address. The address it sends email from is still the address of my account in 365. If I click on "From" the "me@mydomain.com" is not there.

I have waited 24 hours for propagation, but still nothing.