Changing the language in a specific application without changing all the office 365 apps

Copper Contributor

Hi,

My office have office365 installed on our PCs, and I also have Visio, both applications work with Hebrew UI.

I want to change only my Visio to English UI and leave the other office 365 (outlook, word etc) with Hebrew UI.

Is there a way to determent languages for each app, of like grouping apps and connecting them to a specific language UI ?

Thanks,

Eldad

4 Replies

@EldadBezeqint These settings come from an individual's Default Office 365 Setting. However on the App side you can choose what language you would like to set as default for any specific app within Pro Plus :) 

Within any Office application, select File > Options > Language. If your languagealready appears among the editing languages click Set as Default. Otherwise select the language from the Add additional editing languages list then click the Add button. The new language will appear in the list of editing languages

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-the-language-office-uses-in-its-menus-and-proofing-t... 

Cheers !

Ankit Shukla

Hi @ankit shukla , Thanks for the reply, my version is Micorosft Visio Pro x64 11328.20392, when I change the language inside the application, all the office applications changes, not only the visio. Did I do anything wrong ?

@EldadBezeqint on latest build ?
and do you have a licensed visio from Office 365 or separately purchased from a Re-seller ?

Run Office repair tool if that is the case

. PS - Visio Doesn't bundled with Office 365 Pro Plus. It has to be separately installed from Office 365 User portal for installations :) 

Cheers !

Ankit Shukla

Hi @ankit shukla, As a PMO here, I don't know how my IT bought it, I guess as I don't see it only my office365 pages, it was bought separately. So you suggest changing the language inside Visio, and if it changes the other office apps, I should search for office repair tool ? after I change to English in Visio the Microsoft Office Language Preferences also changes