Nov 01 2016 04:15 PM - last edited on Nov 11 2016 02:27 PM by Lana O'Brien
We're excited you are here. My name is Laurie & I'm the Microsoft Teams Community Manager. I've posted a blog with some information about our community so check that out when you have a moment. This community is a place for you to ask questions about others' experiences, share ideas, learn best practices, hear about product updates, collaborate with others using Microsoft Teams, and have direct interaction with the Microsoft Teams product and engineering teams.
We're excited you've joined us and look forward to your conversations. We will be doing our best to ensure your questions are answered promtly - and we invite you to answer questions, too.
If you have any questions about the community, please ask them below or shoot me a PM.
Thanks so much for being here.
Nov 02 2016 08:55 PM
I had a chance to give 'Teams' a spin and it is very promissing ...
I'm looking forward for future integration with existing OneNote & document library.
I found counter intuitive to have a 'File' tab that is not connected to the O365 default document library, but I trust the 'Microsoft Teams' Team to release such feature eventually ...
On that note ... Can I pull the existing planner (linked to the O365 group) to a team tab?
I could only see the option to craete a new one and I am unaware of the repercussions
- Does it create another O365 group?
- Can Teams have multiple Planner but only linked to 1 group?
Thank you for this addition to Office 365.
Nov 02 2016 11:16 PMSolution
Nov 03 2016 03:45 AM
Nov 03 2016 06:11 AM
Thanks @Bill Bliss , 'Teams' has tremendous potential and and I'm looking forward to using it and deploying it amongst employees!
1. I was refering to the Document Library from a Team Site that is created when creating an O365 Group. The library has a display name of "Document" and is located @ /Shared%20Documents/ url. Well, that is what I call the 'default' document library. Since my post, I realised that creating a channel creates a folder under that "default" Document Library. I can totally live with that for the time being, but to increase consistency, I think the 'file' tab in the 'general' channel should point to the root of the default document library mentioned above ... hopefully this makes sense I do have further questions regarding permission, sharing, renaming (...) but I'll perform more tests tomorrow.
2. Again to keep it consistent and facilitate adoption, the planner from O365 Groups should be the default planner within the main/defaulty/general Team channel!
3. Wow, I did not know that! this is great news as I could leverage having multiple planner within a group! I would need to investigate how to aggregate tasks to a central location .. hmmm food for thoughts ...
Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post. can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us!