Voicemail Personal Greeting not working

Copper Contributor

Hello,

we've recorded a personal greeting to replace the default one. But now if you call someone and land on the voicemail its first saying the personal greetibg after that the default greeting.

Anyone have a idea how to only set the personal greeting so that the default greeting is not player?

7 Replies

Do you have the same problem for many users or only one? 

It should work like this.

• If you enter a "Text-to-speech customized greeting option" and using text-to-speech that message should replace the default greeting.
  • If you record a greeting that should replace the text-to-speech greeting and the default greeting.

Try to delete the recording and use text-to-speech, did that work? Then record a greeting. If it didn't work contact Microsoft Support.

@Linus Cansby Hi,

how to delete recording? Think its not working at our side. Also opened a support case at microsoft.

You can delete your recorded greeting from voicemail settings:

https://www.lync.se/2019/10/configure-your-cloud-voicemail-in-teams/

1. To delete your recorded greeting, click on Record a greeting in Teams Settings > Calls.
    This will dial voicemail settings .

2. Press 2 to change your personal greeting.
  3. Press 1 to play and record your personal greeting. (then listen to it)
  4. Press 3 to delete your personal greeting.
  5. Hang up

@Linus Cansby tried it. The Voicemail now plays the text-to-speech message and afterwards the default greeting (please leave a message after the tone...and so on). So its still not working. Any other ideas?

I have the same problem on all users.

I suggest that you create a ticket for Microsoft support so they can assist you. Or wait a day or two, maybe until after the weekend and see if it started to work again.

@DGR91 did this ever get resolved for you? I am having similar issue.

thanks.

@Linus Cansby  I was also experiencing issues with " Text-to-speech standard greeting message" and finally noticed an error message quickly present directly to the right of the "save" button that a maximum of 200 characters was allowed. After shortening the message, it saved and worked as expected.