Video conference - I can't see others video live

Copper Contributor

In Microsoft Teams video conference calls if I'm a guest member, can I change on the screen view? Can I change the view to see others' videos, not just the speaker's video, because now I only can see circles with names? Thanks.

Teams chat view.png

5 Replies

Hi,

Yes, normally you can see more than one active speaker. But currently only one video is showing when using the web application of Teams. I guess that is due to the high usage impact on Teams services currently. Download the Team desktop client instead.

https://teams.microsoft.com/download

@Linus Cansby 

I'm forced to use Teams in order to remain in my dance class with my local city recreation department. I was hoping some of the features would work for me and I was encouraged to "download" or "register" for Teams. I spent half an hour going around in circles trying to do that but all that resulted was that it blew my computer's brains. It never worked and I had to have someone come over and remove it from my computer. Apparently it's only for companies/organizations, but it doesn't explain that anywhere. So, the city is paying for this program, and the students are supposed to be able to interface with them. That's the whole reason they are paying for it. Well, I cannot see other students, or even myself. That's sort of part of the reason of using the app, or I may as well just find some YouTube tap classes.

I Googled for help, and the Microsoft Tech Community only says:

"Re: Video conference - I can't see others' videos live
Hi,

Yes, normally you can see more than one active speaker. But currently only one video is showing when using the web application of Teams. I guess that is due to the high usage impact on Teams services currently. Download the Team desktop client instead.

https://teams.microsoft.com/download" "

I went to that link and it wants me to be an organization again. I am not. What good is this stuff??? Now I've paid for dance classes that I can barely participate in. It seems to be working for some of the students. I know that some are using their phones, but they must have much better eyes than I have, trying to prop up phone and stand back and be able to see what the instructor's feet are doing on that bitty screen? Is there any help for me? 

@lfpa@lmer 

Sounds very frustrating.

We've dealt with this in a small group I'm part of (I'm the host with a M365 tenant), and while it's been a bit tricky, you do NOT need to be part of an organization or tenant to download the desktop client. 

Try the URL https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app#desktopAppDownloadregion and see if that works any better for you.

Best of luck,
Eric

@StefiLaci  I use and support ms teams and I have a corporate account and a personal one.  There is nothing required for teams for personal use other than to download and install it.  I used my microsoft hotmail account to register for it that is it.  Hope this helps.

:( Exactly the same thing is happening for me now with the Teams browser client, one year later, with no information about why or how to fix it. I'm using the latest Chrome on fully-patched Windows 10.

Microsoft, if you read this, when something is going wrong, please display an error message or even a status code, so that users are not left totally in the dark.