Video (black) is not working after update of MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Since the last update of ms teams, on open camera in ms teams it shows black in the video, no one is able to see my video. However, when I run the ms teams from the browser, it works well.

please resolve the issue.

9 Replies

Hi @gaursh 

Could you please check if the update affected the privacy settings in your computer.

To allow Microsoft Teams to access the camera on Windows 10, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Privacy.
  3. Click on Camera.
  4. Under the "Allow access to camera on this device" section, click the Change button.
  5. Turn on the Camera access for this device toggle switch.
  6. Turn on the Allow apps to access your camera toggle switch.
  7. Turn on the Allow desktop apps to access the camera toggle switch.

Once you complete the steps, check if the camera is now available for Microsoft Teams.

Kind regards,

@Mr_Trust_A 

HI I have the same issue but when i go to privacy, camera is not an option.  it was working earlier today and now its not. 

I dont believe i did any updates. 

MelaniePickering_1-1614851209807.png

MelaniePickering_0-1614851169645.png

Figured it out myself:

In Teams: General Settings -> Disable GPU Hardware Acceleration -> Restart Teams

Please go to your system's Device settings,

find the Camera driver.

for me it was inside Imaging devices.

Right click on the driver and click on uninstall device and Check the delete the driver from the installed location checkbox, and click on ok.

Restart your system, the system will automatically install your camera driver after restart.

check the driver is installed or not.

then on teams verify the camera driver is selected.

It worked for me by doing the above steps.

@gaursh I have the same issue. What worked for me is deleting my camera driver. For some reason while deleted, the video started working in Teams.

It's not a permanent fix as it goes back to black one the driver is automatically reinstalled.

@cameronj86  Thanks a lot !! this method worked for me and now i can open my cam during my exam !! thankss !!

Awesome!! It now works. Thank you!!!

@gaursh 

I struggled a lot to find the solution for this issue for quite a long now.

For me it turned out that my camera was getting blocked/managed by the antivirus software (paid Kaspersky subscription) Somehow, by mistake I must have denied the access when it prompted and then Microsoft Teams was in the block applications list under the Kaspersky.

I removed the Teams from my kaspersky blocked list and that started the camera on my teams immediately without restarting even  any of the applications.

Hope this helps someone else like me.