Using Teams for Daily Attendance Time Tracking

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

I have received an inquiry, whether we can capture Employee Attendance (time tracking), on a daily basis through Teams. I couldn't figure out anything, other than SharePoint Online sites and list to record the entry & exist timing. Any other solutions or suggestions ?

Note: Employee Attendance should be captured through MS Teams and it should be stored in such a way that, it should be accessible for a daily sync with an external on-premise database for further processing - using an integration API module - Custom or OOTB.

9 Replies
What do you mean by employee attendance?

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Like a form to Capture Sign and Sign-out with DateTimeStamp value based on the MS Teams User (which will be accessed through MS Teams).

Hi @Binoy_Rajan 

I am sure my response will not be providing the complete solution but I think you can always use Attendance BOT for the same it should help you on the same and you can customize it according to your requirement.

Microsoft Teams Attendance

https://www.attendancebot.com/blog/hr-microsoft-teams-apps/

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi@RealTime_M365 ,

Thanks for the suggestion. Can we use PowerApps or Forms for these kind of requirements ?

How about looking at Time Clock for shifts? That is a clock in clock
out

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/clock-in-and-out-with-shifts-ae7b676c-7666-46c7-9f68-85ff54...

Shifts can be accessed by the graph API, however I am not 100% sure it will meet your requirements here

Best, Chris
Yes we can use the it. In addition you can also use the Shifts in Microsoft Teams. But for that you will have to upload the roaster to every individual more from the rotational shift standpoint. With Regards, Satish U

Hi @Christopher Hoard,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into this and get back to you.

Hi @RealTime_M365 ,

Thanks for your suggestion.

@Christopher Hoard , @RealTime_M365 ,

In case of PowerApps on Teams, does it have any limitations - like accessing the Published App via Mobile Client? I have created one PowerApp, Published and added to a specific Team's Channel. I am able to access it via Team's Desktop version. But When I tried it on my Android phone, Teams doesn't show my PowerApp. Then I downloaded "Power App" from Play store and I can access the App, through it. Is this the default behavior ? Any Idea ?

@RealTime_M365 

Thank you for suggesting this app. It is really good.