SOLVED

Trouble downloading videos from Teams chat

Copper Contributor
Hello! :waving_hand:

I’m a student at a dance school using Microsoft Teams. As the semester is coming to an end, and the Teams chat of my class won’t be available much longer, it is my wish to save some of the videos we shared in the chat. I’ve tried to download them, but it doesn’t work properly. Sometimes the downloaded file is tiny in size (maybe a help to start it within the Teams app?), and sometimes I get the whole video, but when it plays there is only sound. I’ve tried different media players, as well as converting the files (originally they’re .mov).

I’m asking you for help. Does anyone know what the problem might be, and maybe how to solve it? If so, please share. It would be awesome to have access to these choreographies and exercises in the future!

Thank you in advance. Have a great day y’all!

Emma
2 Replies

Hi @EmmaLarsson Have you tried saving the message with the video in it?   I think all of the content in that message will be saved for later.

Mark a message as saved or unread in Teams - Office Support (microsoft.com)

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

No I haven’t! Thank you @ThereseSolimeno !

My friend just found another way: instead of using the Teams interface, he downloaded it from the Sharepoint folder. It works now, yay!

Thanks again for your input!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

No I haven’t! Thank you @ThereseSolimeno !

My friend just found another way: instead of using the Teams interface, he downloaded it from the Sharepoint folder. It works now, yay!

Thanks again for your input!

View solution in original post