SOLVED

Teams screen flickering

Copper Contributor

Does anyone else have screen flickering while using Teams. This isn't necessarily while screensharing, this is in a chat, updating a file, or any time Teams feels like doing it. My drivers have been updated (multiple times) so I don't think that's an issue.

13 Replies

Try toggling the hardware graphics acceleration option.

@shines92  All of my Android users are having this issue.  It just started happening in the last few days. I haven't seen it on our Wintel desktops.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Eric Korb i have had this happen to me also. It may be an application issue. What ended up working for me was exiting the app on the android device and then disabling the wifi.  Launching it of cellular data after and then once it opens up, re enabling the wifi.

Let me know if this works for you as i am curious on results. 

I disabled the WiFi, clicked the optimise app, enabled WiFi again and it worked.
@Onehitwonder I will the next time it happens. Thanks.

@Onehitwonder this worked like a champ! Thanks!

I will next time it happens.
We tried the procedure above and it worked. Thank you.
Could it be doing it when the person has a slow internet connection and sharing webcam ?
The screen is flickering in the meeting only (audio or video).
It just happened to me too! this is the first time and there wasn't any software update prior to this. Found this thread online. I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi suggestion below. My laptop is Windows and am using Starbucks public wifi and never had this issue before (have been using this company laptop & Teams since Nov 2021).
I have a meeting room configured with 2 monitors, clickshare and a Lenovo hub, the problem of flickering occurs when a person shares the screen for the first time in the section, stops sharing and has to reconnect so that the problem no longer occurs, it is very annoying, it is already verified that everything is updated, from BIOS, drivers, software, operating system and the same Teams and it is not solved, do they have an idea or a workaround that has worked?
The flickering happens to me when using an extended display.
The extended display is flickering when displaying the shared screen.

The workaround when someone is sharing, is to use the Pop Out content button.
Display the Pop Out content on the extended display and the participants on the main display.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Eric Korb i have had this happen to me also. It may be an application issue. What ended up working for me was exiting the app on the android device and then disabling the wifi.  Launching it of cellular data after and then once it opens up, re enabling the wifi.

Let me know if this works for you as i am curious on results. 

View solution in original post