Teams presence information missing in outlook

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I have multiple clients where Teams presence is missing completly in Outlook (Office 365 ProPlus).

On some clients it is running without problems but on others clients it is not working.

Teams-Upgrade-Mode is TeamsOnly.

The Option "Use Teams as a chat app in office" is enabled. Also the registry-key HKCU\Software\IM Providers:Teams ant thes ubkey Teams is existing.

I have no idea why it is not working on some clients or what I should do further.

Kind regards

Patrick

6 Replies

Do they happen to have multiple account added in Outlook? And what exactly are they seeing there?

@Vasil Michev 

No, just one account. 

Presence information are not available in Outlook (also not the option "display online status next to name"). Is there any kind of troubleshooting avaiable for this? Disabling and re-enabling the option is not enough ;)

Thanks.

@Patrick B 

We are also having the same issue. Some users are fine, others are not.

My machine is one affected, and have found that if I install Skye For Business and load it, the presence icon appears in Outlook, and then when I log into S4B the icon is then activated (i.e shows presence). As soon as I exit S4B the presence indicator disappears.

I'm running Office 365 version 1911 (Build 12228.20364) (x64) and Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.34161 (64-bit).

We are also in Teams Only mode.

It does seem to be a known issue (having to have S4B) but as mentioned we have users who don't have S4B and their Outlook is working fine.... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/presence-admins

Marty

Ok, so further to this. I just exited fully out of S4B again, and now this time the presence icon is remaining and updating. Seems it needed S4B installed and logged in to kick it back into gear, and then after a while you should be able to not load/log into S4B (needs to be installed though)

Same issue here. No online presence in Outlook or 365. Teams settings make no differerence. Some users see the presence, others see a note "available for the next 8 hours" in contact card all day, no matter what time of day with no presence.

any updates on this?