Teams Notification Emails

MVP

To the Teams Team,

It seems like every day I get another notification e-mail from the Teams app.  The most recent one's subject line said that "Emily Kirby is trying to reach you in Microsoft Teams". There was of course a link that took me to my browser, which then launched teams.  However I just end up plopped down in some random location with no "Emily Kirby" in sight.  Search tells me there isn't such a person. The mail comes from a "noreply" address and there's no facility for providing feedback.  The mail itself looks like spame from a dating site.  It's just the worst experience. 

Happy to discuss more if you want, or need video of this experience.

-Ric

4 Replies
Since your an MVP, you are most likely in Team in the Microsoft Tenant is where these notifications are coming from, in the top right corner can you not switch to the Microsoft tenant? You will probably have a chat, or some activity feed matching up to the e-mail notification in question.

If you do not, then you have another Microsoft account that is tied to the same e-mail box you have via forwards that these could be coming from.
I am launched in Microsoft (guest). I've been searching for that person's name and it comes up blank.

The real problem here is that the mail has a chance to tell me the location and context, but does not.
She is part of the MVP summit Team. Many were invited to it with your MVP e-mail address, so it's possible it's on another account if you do not see the MVP summit Team in your Teams list and probably have to login via that other account if not. But anyway, I do agree the e-mails could be a bit more explicit in the content, but the idea is to get you into Teams, not hang out in E-mail to see the content.
The point is a failure to consistently get into Teams, with the right account, and the right access levels. This continues to be a problem to this day, not just for me but for many. Teams and MSFT credential management in general could do a lot to make this work for non-mutants.