SOLVED

Teams meeting options missing

Brass Contributor

Using the Windows Teams app, I'm a regular user, not an admin.

if I create a (regular) meeting in the calendar then open it to edit, the Meeting Options link is not available. I understand it should be to the right of the time zone dropdown.

Is that a bug or a setting that our system admins have turned off? 

Thanks

5 Replies

@Jon Chambers  so here are three possible cases;

1 - that could be only your account having this issues

2 - disable by your company teams admin

3 - try to use the web version of teams.microsoft.com

@PDostiyar Thank you, looks like it's the second one, though I've found a backdoor way by creating the meeting in Outlook; it inserts a link to a meetings options page that still works.

@Jon Chambers  That is great so for now, you could accept one of the replies so this is a workaround for others to watch.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
There is a simple solution to this problem. Customise Ribbon, create a new group under appointment tab on right. On the left select All commands from drop down. Add meeting related commands to this group - like Don't Host Online, Teams Meeting, Meeting Options. Now you can remove a teams meeting from an existing invite, add it back and also choose who waits in the lobby. These options are somehow hidden in the standard ribbon - probably by default Microsoft setting or group policy/admin console setting.

@PDostiyar 

I would like to add that if you create an event in Outlook or Teams by duplicating an existing event, the meeting options will not be available in Outlook or Teams. I have tested this in 3 different tenants with the same result. I presume it's just a bug.

Hope this helps anyone

Josu

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
There is a simple solution to this problem. Customise Ribbon, create a new group under appointment tab on right. On the left select All commands from drop down. Add meeting related commands to this group - like Don't Host Online, Teams Meeting, Meeting Options. Now you can remove a teams meeting from an existing invite, add it back and also choose who waits in the lobby. These options are somehow hidden in the standard ribbon - probably by default Microsoft setting or group policy/admin console setting.

View solution in original post