SOLVED

Teams login - adding phone number not working

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

i want to switch from the web ui to the desktop application of teams. The desktop login requires adding a phone number which, for business purposes, i don't have. So i tried using a company one. The company phone number received the required code but when i tried to enter it the code was denied. 

I already tried multiple times since yesterday with 3 different phone numbers. The first one (tried yesterday) didn't even receive any code message, the second number (tried today) did receive a code but teams would not accept it and the third number (tried today) had the same problem of not accepting the code from the message.

What can i do to resolve the problem?  

2 Replies

@tillborn685 I've seen this issue many times the past week. Must be a service degradation or something similar causing it. Will see if I can find some more info about it.

best response confirmed by tillborn685 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
i have a working workaround. I clicked on a company meeting link and the browser asked if it should start teams. I accepted that request und teams desktop started joining the meeting. After that i was fully authenticated with the teams app and it is working even through app restarts. No need for a phone number. Looks like as if the web auth token (or something) was transferred to the desktop app.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tillborn685 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
i have a working workaround. I clicked on a company meeting link and the browser asked if it should start teams. I accepted that request und teams desktop started joining the meeting. After that i was fully authenticated with the teams app and it is working even through app restarts. No need for a phone number. Looks like as if the web auth token (or something) was transferred to the desktop app.

View solution in original post