Teams link with Outlook invite not available with M365 account.

Copper Contributor

Hi folks, I cannot set up a Teams meeting invite with my Outlook invite.  Do I really need to load Zoom instead?

Thanks for your guidance.

r

5 Replies

Hello@RoddersIRL 

welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Recep I'll be happy to help you today.

I understand that you cannot set up a Teams meeting invite with your Outlook account.

Kindly try the below and revert with the behavior.

Outlook on the desktop

1. At the top of the Outlook screen, select File > Options.

2. On the Outlook Options page, select Calendar on the left.

3. Under Calendar options, select Add online meeting to all meetings.

Recep_Gencaslan695_3-1701681850150.png

Outlook on the web

1. At the top right of the screen, select Settings  

2. Select Calendar > Events and invitations > Add online meetings to all meetings.

Recep_Gencaslan695_4-1701681964556.png

3. Select Save.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

Hi @Deleted 

Thank you for your reply, I am very grateful.  

I learned that because my M365 subscription is personal, not business, Microsoft do not allow to personal subscriptions to set up a Teams meeting (I can set a Zoom meeting!!!!!) in Outlook.  (I cannot call any of my contacts either.)   

There is an option to set up a call in Teams directly, but I want to use Outlook only.  I'm not a business, so I am not purchasing a business licence.  

I tried what you suggested below, in the 'hope' it would work, but it has not.  I am grateful you tried, Thank you.

r.

Hello@RoddersIRL 

Thank you very much for your email response.

Teams is not included in a personal subscription, Teams needs to b downloaded manualLy and it wont be integrated to your outlook calendar.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

@RoddersIRL hey, you’re right - you can’t use Outlook + Teams with a personal sub. Its a bit of a pain.

If you do need to use Teams, you can create a free account and schedule meetings from that, but it wont sync with your Outlook calendar. So, not ideal but if you absolutely need a Teams meeting, there’s a free option for you there

Edit: just clarifying: it syncs but you still need to create meetings from the Teams client, and not from Outlook.

More info here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/calendar-in-microsoft-teams-free-d8ad42a0-c0a7-4d18-ae31-...

I figured this out the painful way (i.e. contacting the support).
It is very poor from Microsoft. You can set up a Zoom call, but not a Teams call from Outlook. Embarrassing really.

Thank you all for trying to help, very much appreciated.