Teams - Group Group Pick up/Delegates

Copper Contributor

Hello

I need some help to understand these features as I am not sure that I understand them correctly.

Currently, if I set the group group pickup feature (either through the Teams admin or user driven), then the phones ring the main number and the other users, or one after the other, very similar to a call queue.

I have users that want to be able to pick up a call from the colleague.  When their colleagues phone rings, they want to be able to pick that call up, not have their phone ring after 20 seconds or so of the opther phone ringing.  Am I missing something or is that not available?

Also, I have the same question in regard to a call queue.  I can get the queueing working fine, but can a member of the call queue pick then call up when thewir phone it not ringing? same as above really?

Thanks

RIchard

1 Reply

@rhobbs231 

If you set Also ring: Call group, the colleagues in the call group will get the call at the same time and will be able to answer the call. There is no way for users to pickup a call if they don't get it to their Teams client. I guess you want to be able to pickup a call from another user by pressing some digits, that is common on other systems (like Skype for Business) but that is not possible in Teams.

Vote for it here:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35890579-call-pick-up-for-othe...

The same for Call Queue, the agent have to receive the call notification to their Teams client to be able to answer. You can get it to ring on all signed in agents with the Attendant routing method.