Teams Gets Secondary Ringer for Calls

MVP

Microsoft is rolling out the ability for Teams clients to define a secondary ringer for inbound voice calls. The new feature will start appearing in Office 365 tenants from mid-September and the roll-out will complete in mid-October. Having the ability to signal inbound calls on multiple devices is a big thing for some organizations; in others, people don’t know about secondary ringers and the new feature will pass by without any notice.

https://office365itpros.com/2019/09/09/teams-secondary-ringer/

5 Replies

@Tony RedmondDo you (or anyone else) know if there is a way to set the secondary ringer default to the PC speakers for all users?  All of the machines are the same hardware and OS.

I am sorry but I don’t know of any way to do this.

Thanks.

@Tony RedmondMS ticket response... not possible and not being worked on currently.

@DayneJake The problem I have is I have a different "secondary ringer" at home than I do in the office, and when I'm in a meeting I do not get audio notifications without having to manually toggle the secondary ringer. 

At home, I have my laptop 'sound' 'playback set to 5.1 surround, and in Teams settings, the secondary ringer also set to my"5.1 surround" with the 'devices' 'audio devices' set to 'Plantronics Calisto 3200' for conference calls.

In the office, my laptop 'sound' playback' is ported to external speakers, I do not want to have to remember to manually toggle my secondary ringer based on location, I feel this should automatically adjust...? :)

zElio_1-1623350178151.png

zElio_0-1623350099882.png