Teams device connection with Teams app on desktop

Copper Contributor

We have three office users each with a physical teams phone in our office and three different phone number used (call queues) outside of the three numbers assigned to each user. Each person needs to be able to answer and call out from each phone number. I've set up the call queues for each number and everything seems to be working fine on the desktop app. Here are our two issues:
1. when we set up the phone (Yealink MP56) and connect to the teams app via Bluetooth we can't actually call out using the physical phone. We can start a call via the app but nothing happens on the physical phone. If you try to pick up the physical phone you just get a dial tone. How do I go about making my teams and teams devise sync so they can be used simultaneously? They are connected via Bluetooth and we are signed into both devices. Can we plug a USB from the phone into the computer?
2. The obvious workaround would be to call out on the physical phone. That would be great, but there is no way (as far as we can tell) to call out via the Teams device interface on a call queue like you can in the desktop app and mobile app. We never call out on the numbers assigned to our personal accounts, just the call queues. Does anyone know how to accomplish calling out on a call queue number via the physical teams device?

Sidenote: we tried the MP50 phones and in our experience, they are pretty junky. That being said, they did integrate fine with the desktop teams app. Not willing to go that route again.

Thank you all!

1 Reply
Hi,

To answer your question yes you can connect the USB device from the desktop client and validate. I assume the USB device should allow you to make the calls on behalf of the Call Queue.

I am assuming you have made the configuration of the Call Queue Caller to be displayed that when the three users are making the outbound calls the calls are being made using Call Queue.

With Regards,
Satish U