Teams desktop app will not recognize camera anymore

Copper Contributor

I am on a mac and the teams app not recognizing my camera (other than the built in camera) anymore. I have my laptop closed when connected to my monitor so using the built in camera isn't a good option so i've been using a smartphone as my camera. It was working in teams prior to a Catalina update, so I'm unsure if it's related. I have teams authorized to use the camera in my security and privacy settings so that has not helped. Skype for business also will not recognize the camera either. I tested other apps (eg. zoom) and the browser version of teams and it does recognize the cameras, so to get it to work i have to use teams through the browser to have a video call. 

I've tried multiple ways of connecting the camera, tested other cameras. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the camera apps and teams/skype, I've also tried resetting the System Management Controller (SMC). Same issues, works in everything but teams and skype for business desktop apps. Not understanding why this is and hoping a fix or workaround shows up soon. Would rather not have to use the browser version just for teams.

1 Reply

Hi @manong   Your attempts at solving the issue seem pretty thorough but I wonder if there's anything in this article that will help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-is-not-detecting-my-camera-i-am-using-a...