Teams desktop app continues to ring after incoming call answered on another device

Steel Contributor

Win 10 (Latest public release)
Teams desktop app Version 1.3.00.4461 (64-bit)
Teams-Only Org
PSTN/Phone System/Calling Plan

Using a Teams desk phone (Yealink), Teams mobile app (Android), and Teams desktop app (Windows 10) all simultaneously logged into the same user account.

When someone calls said user, all devices ring properly, however, if the call is answered on either the desktop Yealink phone, or on the mobile app, the desktop app continues to ring..and ring..and ring...even after the call is terminated. Same thing happens is someone calls said phone and it goes to voice mail. The app continues to ring. 

Can anyone in the community provide some guidance or experience troubleshooting this issue?

Bob

16 Replies

We are experiencing the same issues, @Bob Manjoney.  Have you received any response or guidance?

@Kennard1969 

Responded in the other thread as well...no guidance, only workaround is that people log out of the app when they are in the office using the desk phones. Crazy.

I have found that deleting and reinstalling Team on the phone resolves this issue. 

I am also having the issue with most of my users. Has Teams come out with any known issues on this? Users say they have to restart their cell phone to get it to stop ringing. Pretty ridiculous. @Bob Manjoney 

Might be the same root cause as this issue with Teams's "test call" feature: https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftTeams/comments/l0y20l/test_calls_never_stop_ringing/

Note that at this time there doesn't appear to be a proper fix for the test call issue.

@Bob Manjoney When this happens at our office we have found the only way to get the phone to stop ringing is to press the PC button on the Yealink base. I wish I had the time to troubleshoot this. It's a shame to see it's been going on for so long.

Still a bug years later, even when making a test call on macOS or Windows.

Microsoft's (and arguably every large software tech these days) QA sucks big green ones!

They'll only fix it if enough people complain or a class action looks likely.
I was just able to correct this for one of my users by going into Teams Settings/devices and changing the Audio Devices to all be from the same device. As he had an external device for speakers which had a microphone as well, when any of those settings had both the "speaker" and the pc or camera device selected, the ringing would occur. If they were all the pc or all the other device, it did not occur. Of course, the camera still had to be selected under the camera option. :) Hope this helps someone else as that is really annoying!

This happens to our organization specifically my Win 11 laptop all the time. Didn't used to but now it seems to happen almost every call. Some weeks it'll ring a couple times after answering the call (even on the laptop itself) but now this week every time a call comes in it won't stop ringing. I have the audio device set the same and then that means that in my headset I hear the ringing alongside the call so that won't do.. I have to set the ringing to my laptop speaker and mute it and then I can use my headset. It's a consistent problem and the only resolution for the moment is to close desktop Teams entirely and log back in. This is incredibly annoying to do after every incoming call!

I have this issue occasionally and it happens when I habitually tap my earbuds, which is triggering a Teams Application response that just rings endlessly.

My earbuds are the Kinston HyperX Cloud MIX Buds, but I'd imagine their protocol is similar to other products and thus the 'press' is consistent behavior across multiple products: My product manual, which shares a matrix of expected behaviors by press: https://manuals.plus/hyperx/ceb003l-cloud-mix-buds-manual#axzz7Z1OWuq8m
Has there been any updates on this issue? It appears it is still a thing as I am seeing it at my institution as well. Just wondering if anyone has heard any more about it or some better resolution.

@Peter_Joseph Happened to me doing a test call on a Mac just the other day. Had to quit and relaunch Teams.

MS seem to have put it on the too hard pile.

This hasn't happened to me on any of my devices in a very long time. I notice that rings carry on a couple rings sometimes but then ends like I expect.

@HubBugFinder That is great news. Thanks for posting that.